This recipe was a HUGE hit with the kiddos, hubbie and non gluten free guest we had over. I adapted the recipe from The Gluten Free Spinner’s Almond Lemon Bundt Cake recipe – http://www.glutenfreespinner.com/2011/10/almond-lemon-bundt-cake.html
I made a few adjustments which all turned out well.
- 2 cups of gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 tsp guar gum (typically I like to omit the “gums” and replace but I needed this recipe to work out for a dinner party, however I will try again and will replace this next time :))
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup of organic olive oil
- 1/2 cup of organic applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups of organic sugar
- juice from 1/2 lemon (about 3 tbsp)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp organic almond extract
- 3 organic eggs
- 2/3 cups full fat organic coconut milk
Lemon Icing Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup soft organic butter
- 1/2 cup soft organic cream cheese
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- zest from lemon (do before juicing!)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a Bundt pan by rubbing organic butter into the bottom, sides, and grooves then dust with GF flour.
Combine the all purpose and almond flour, guar gum, sea salt, and baking powder in a medium sized bowl and whisk together then set aside.
Mix olive oil, applesauce, sugar, lemon juice and the almond and vanilla extracts together. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking after each addition. Add the coconut milk and continue whisking for 2 minutes. Gradually add dry ingredients into wet ingredients only mixing until well combined.
Pour batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake for 48-53 minutes until the top will be nicely browned. Check center with toothpick. Remove and cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen the sides with a knife and invert onto a cake plate. Allow to cool completely. Drizzle with the lemon icing and sprinkle with the lemon zest.