I adapted this recipe from Table For Two and only changed/added a couple or things.
- 4 organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed (I put mine in slightly frozen)
- 1/2 onion diced (you can do more, but my hubbie doesn’t like onions)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 can (280z) organic tomato puree
- 1 1/2 cup organic plan yogurt
- 2 tbsp melted Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp garam marsala
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp coriander
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- chopped organic parsley or cilantro to garnish
Combine all of the above ingredients (excluding heavy cream, cornstarch and herbs) in crockpot and stir.
Cover and cook for 6 hours on low or 4 or high.
When done, in bowl whisk together heavy cream and cornstarch and add to the crockpot mixture. Let cook about 15-20 minutes until sauce thickens.
If you want to add any veggies do so at the same time as you add the heavy cream and cornstarch, or steam veggies separately.
Serve over rice with veggies mixed in or on the side.